The following Constitutional Project has been presented by:
Mr Alamo LINCOLN and Mr Joao JOSKOWICZ, Senior Advisors of the Government in Exile of the Republic of CABINDA
As soon as the independence will be obtained, the REPUBLIC of CABINDA will submit to the vote of the People of CABINDA a Democratic Constitution founded upon the following Constitutional Project.
Article 1 : Fundamental Rights
The Fundamental Rights are listed as following
- Declaration of Human Rights and of the citizen,
- Equal opportunities between Men and Women,
- Equality of all men regardless of their ethnic, religious or political origins,
- Rights of children for education and care.
Article 2 : Fundamental Liberties
The following Fundamental Liberties are granted to the Cabindese Citizens
- Freedom of religion : Christian values are deeply anchored in Cabindese traditions. Among them is the respect for all religions teaching the Good.
- Freedom of commerce : legal commercial exchanges within the country and with other countries will be free providing the state taxes will be paid by the companies selling in CABINDA.
- Freedom of labor : any citizen is granted the right to work freely providing the laws are respected. Any worker is allowed to join a Labor Union. Workers are allowed to create Associations and Unions in order to defend their rights.
- Freedom for political parties -. any political party, respectful of CABINDA's independence and Constitution is authorized.
Article 3 : Fundamental Governing Rules
The Fundamental Governing Rules are defined as follows
Sub-Article a: Executive powers
The three powers : legislative, executive and justice will be separated.
Sub-Article b: Executive powers
The Executive Powers are held by
Sub-Article c: Legislative powers
- The President of the Republic, elected by the Cabindese People
- The prime Minister who is presiding the Government. The Prime minister represents the Majority of the Parliament.
The Legislative Powers are detained by the Parliament the members of which are elected by the People of CABINDA and for each constituency of CABINDA, to be defined by the Laws of CABINDA.
Sub-Article d: Justice
The Cabindese Court of Justice is conducting the judicial affairs of the Republic of CABINDA.
Sub-Article e: Constitutional Committees
Cabindese Constitutional Committees are in charge surveying that:
- Fundamental Rights, Liberties and Rules,
- and the Constitution are respected. The members of these Committees are elected by Senior electors.Senior Electors are themselves elected by :
- Each Constituency,
- Various Chambers ( of Agriculture, Commerce, Industry, etc.),
- Political Parties and Labor Unions representatives,
- Elders of social and national organizations (Universities, Hospitals, etc.),
- Church Authorities.
Article 4 : Banishment of cruel and inhuman acts
The following acts have no place in the Republic of CABINDA and therefore are banished forever, for their cruelty :
- Use of anti-personal weapons,
- Slavery and any acts resulting in the servitude of men,
- Death penalty.
Article 5 : Elaboration of the constitution of the Republic of CABINDA
The Constitution of the Republic of CABINDA will be elaborated on the basis of the above articles and will be submitted to the vote of all Cabindese Citizen living in CABINDA and abroad, as soon as CABINDA will be free.